There is no doubt that, as part of this tendency to move to nearly zero energy buildings, in most climates buildings have to become more airtight. Should there be specific airtightness requirements? If so, what level is to be required? Should there be a minimum level of air leakage? This is the context for this project regarding the ‘philosophy about airtightness requirements’.
Philosophy for setting building airtightness requirements
- 32nd AIVC and 1st TightVent Conference "Towards Optimal Airtightness Performance". 12-13 October 2011, Brussels
- Topical Session "Philosophy for defining airtightness requirements"
- 33rd AIVC and 2nd TightVent Conference "Optimising Ventilative Cooling and Airtightness for [Nearly] Zero-Energy Buildings, IAQ and Comfort". 10-11 October 2012, Copenhagen:
- Topical Session "Philosophy and approaches for building airtightness requirements"
- Achieving relevant and durable airtightness levels: status, options and progress needed. 28-29 March 2012, Brussels